Sunday, August 9, 2009

Heartsong



Remembered the amazing Mattie Stephanek today. What a child. What a darling. So much of wisdom, so much of love, so much of compassion. I need to learn from him. He is and will always remain my special inspiration. My angel Mattie Stephanek.......

“...A heartsong is something deep inside each of us. It’s our sense of why we are here and how we can keep going. It is like a purpose. It may be to live as a mommy or a daddy, or a firefighter or a deliver person, or a child with a disability who teaches others about patience and love and acceptance. Heartsongs are usually easy to hear when we are young, but we sometimes get too busy or hurt or angry to listen to them as we get older. And, just like any gift that isn’t cared for or used well, it is possible to forget how to listen to the message of each song, But even if we completely lose our heartsong, we can share someone else’s song until we are able to reawaken or recreate our own. ...” - Mattie Stephanek


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heartsong is and always has been to be a writer; but the trouble is the world gets in the way and I forget this.

Pilgrim said...

Viv,

You are still writing somehow, though it might not be as you imagine it should be. (You are a very good writer).

I too wanted to be a musician. It may just a small shift in the way we see things. I am still following my heartsongs in a simpler way though. Not as I expected how it should be.

Sometimes we may have some other grand imagination, but to accept and enjoy this journey might be just the point of the whole thing.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Shweta, I have exciting plans. You know how I wrote a book called Strangers and Pilgrims and you were interested in it? It may be available at some point fairly soon!
I will let you know more when I know!

Pilgrim said...

Congratulations Viv.

There you go. Your heartsong has materialized. It has taken it's own time.

I am really glad to hear this news.
I am excitedly awaiting your book.

Cheers!