Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Heal the Soul

When we are hurt, in pain or in anger, we are not able to think or deal with things in a logical manner. The pain and anger will overshadow our way of thinking and dealing with certain situations in our life. Each time I feel pain or anger arising within me, I turn towards an antidote. It could be a poem, it could be a joke, it could be watching nature or it could be music.

Something which brings calmness and serenity to us, helps us to cool down before we are able to deal with certain situations. There are times when things have to be dealt with immediately. Those aside when we have to deal with people especially, I see that I need to take a moment, collect myself before I can utter or do something that I may regret.

I tried to watch a video of the post-mortem report of Kugan, the boy murdered in police custody and I could not continue. Such pain and sadness arose in me that I had to take a break and went to youtube and found this song. I listened to the song for a few times before I was able to compose myself and continue with the day. Music does heal the soul.

No comments: