Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Super Brain Yoga


I received an e-mail from a friend about 'Super Brain Yoga'. Watching it I am amazed that this is what we kids were asked to do as a punishment. Most of the Indian children would have gone through with this.

Another interesting thing about this particular act which is called “Thoppukaranam” in Tamil which refers to the action one does in front of the deity Lord Ganesh. When we approach this particular deity who symbolizes Knowledge, we will automatically knock with our knuckles on the temples of our head and then perform the Thoppukaranam. (holding the earlobes with opposite hands and alternately squatting and standing up as shown in the video below.

I was truly surprised that an act which was so insignificant and also related to punishment happens to have such an astounding result when it is done. India has so much wonderful mysteries to be unfolded. These little simple things in life are made part of the daily life of an Indian from childhood. They are told to adhere to many things without questioning, which may look superstitious but in fact turn out to be beneficial to us. When practiced consistently they become such valuable habits. Today I learned that this simple act actually is amazing and of great value to me.



Superbrain Yoga® is a simple and effective technique to energize and recharge the brain. It is based on the principles of subtle energy and ear acupuncture. This powerful technique is explained in Master Choa Kok Sui's latest book Superbrain Yoga®.

6 comments:

Caddie said...

I am left unfulfilled as I cannot open the pictures. Do you have a link otherwise to them?

Pilgrim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pilgrim said...

Try this Sissy T. - cheers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSwhpF9iJSs

Pilgrim said...

Hi Sissy,

If you click on the tittle
"Super Brain Yoga" you will go to the youtube site.

Anonymous said...

I am astonished and inspired!!!
I shall give it a go but is the world ready for me superbrained?
thanks,
Viv

Anonymous said...

I sent this link to my dad as y mum is having some memory issues and he's been inspired to go and find out more.
Thanks, again, Pilgrim!!