Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Footprints




Many people have various passions. I too have many passions in my life. But today my utmost passion has become to “learn”. Yes to become a student of life. I have taken a full circle and come back to the same place. We may call it a zero or a circle. Sometimes we go around looking for things everywhere when it lies so close to us.

Life is a beautiful school. It is how we look at it. All these years I struggled trying to catch the elusive. But when I recognize Grace and when I am able to trust, I find that I am carried in the arms of this compassionate power.

This reminds me of the story of a person walking along a beach. He saw two pairs of footprints embedded on the sands of the beach and after a while there was only one pair of footprints along the beach. He looked at God and said, “Look, when I was fine and happy, you walked alongside me but when I needed you the most, you abandoned me and I had to walk all alone”.

God looked at him and said, “You have misunderstood the truth”. “When you were doing well and were fine, I walked with you”. “There can you see those two pairs of footprints? And when you needed me the most, I carried you in my arms and those footprints are not yours but mine”.

Sometimes we have the tendency to forget the reality and everything becomes a struggle. Somehow when I can learn how to flow with the river and not against the current, I enjoy the journey. This journey of mine has been long and windy. I have had good times and bad times. But when the good times come, it overshadows all the pain and suffering and fills the heart that one can feel the heart dancing. Yes dancing because such joy is possible in this life.

I have to thank my teacher for helping me to see this joy and to feel the dance of life.

“The Beauty of Life is Life itself”. - Prem Rawat

4 comments:

Caddie said...

I so enjoy your messages. Thank you.

Unknown said...

Great gleanings of our life journey there. So simple, but so elusive too to live it. There's a profound insight or hit when you say there that: 'both the circle and zero appear or look or simply are one and the same.' When the nothingness is touched, our false but very much needed journey ends, and our true journey may start. We just can not term this 'nothingness'.

Yes, it's our life and our journey.

Pilgrim said...

Thank you Sissy. I have been unable to come and comment since I have been down with flu. Feeling a little better now.

Pilgrim said...

Thanks Sulo. Yes isn't the circle complete and after a journey of learning and more learning, going through times of immense pain and joy, we slowly come back to the simple place of awe and inspiration.

Yet the journey continues with further learning, adjusting and growing. It is no more a struggle but a sweet understanding and thankfulness.
Cheers!