Monday, April 27, 2009

Magic of Being Alive




Spending a few days listening to Prem Rawat also known as Maharaji renewed my energy. Most of the time we seem to get lost in the day to day happenings of life, forgetting the simple beauty of life. To feel the magic of being alive and recognizing the breath is such an amazing experience.


Sometimes we need a reminder of how beautiful and simple this life is. For me this was what I felt when I had this opportunity to listen to Prem Rawat last week. Yes his message is simple and listening to him speak made me feel as though I had been washed by the fresh waters of the waterfall. Cleansed of the luggage I have been accumulating for some time. I feel lighter, happier and feel grateful for all that I have. Paused complaining about things and started to appreciate the wonderful gifts of Life.

This reminds me of the words of the Master, Swami Ramakrishna Paramahamsa. He said that when the ground is dry we notice all the potholes on the path. But when a heavy rain falls and there is water all over, it covers all the potholes and makes everything even. In the same way, when our hearts are filled with happiness, joy and contentment, we will stop seeing all the inadequacies and defects of things around us. We start to see the fulfillment and feel gratitude for all that we have.

No comments: