Saturday, July 11, 2009

Rainfall on a Desert




I have sort of got used to be by myself this past year or so. With both the children away, life has taken a routine by itself. I do enjoy the quietude and the tranquility it brings. Things have definitely slowed down now. This situation has in fact made me a little complacent and a little idle though. I think I am doing something or other, but the day seems to go by with not much completed.

There are days when I find myself motivated to do some work or other. Other days find me occupied with the computer or the television which leaves me quite disappointed that I have not attended to some important things. Lately I find myself procrastinating. I tell myself I should not be doing that but sometimes it just seems to be so.

Now with the children back for their holidays, they put me on my toes again. It is fun too having them around. I did not realize how parched it had become. It takes some company to make us realize how lonely we have become in their absence. But I am also a person who still needs plenty of time for me. I question myself whether I am selfish. I see some mothers who seem to be sacrificing their time and energy incredibly for their kids.

The last couple of weeks I have been busy with some work that I had to complete. Writing has been the furthest from my thoughts. But today, I took a breather to do some surfing and writing.

My parched lips thirst for some water,
My parched heart longs for some love,
Having company is like rainfall on a desert.

No comments: