Thursday, January 1, 2009

Dawn of A New Day...........




The dawn of a new day,
The dawn of a new year,
The dawn of new hopes,
The dawn of new promises,
The dawn of new commitments,
The dawn of new learning,
The dawn of new passions,
The dawn of new resolutions,
The dawn of new achievements,
The dawn of new understanding.......



A new day, a new year has dawned upon me. What does it hold. A simple day unfolds with the continuation of yesterday and the day before yesterday and all the days before that. I am a product of all the days that I have lived.

What do I really want ? Everything around me changes constantly. Some subtly and others dramatically. These constant movements are like the waves in the ocean. I keep moving on in life, changing, adjusting and learning to hold on to certain things but above all letting go of many things.

In the journey of this pilgrim not unlike others, many lessons have been learned. I choose either to become bitter from the past or to become more of the opposite - forgiving, gentle, kind, loving, sweet, sympathetic, tender or warm.

I create the environment around me. The river of life takes me along. I either choose to flow helplessly like the debris flowing with the river or I have a choice to live consciously in this journey.

To become conscious of my every action, word, reaction and response. I have the choice to choose to be patient rather than angry. I have the choice to be compassionate rather than cruel. To love rather than hate.

I have been given all these choices to make my life more joyous, fulfilled and meaningful rather than to be thrown about constantly all over, by the negative actions and reactions like in a storm !

It's easier to let go and be bumped around in the storm. It takes great strength to take hold of the reigns of my life and walk on consciously. When I feel hatred, I create hate around me. When I feel anger, I create discomfort and anger in the people around me. When I feel love, I create a loving atmosphere around me. When I am at peace, I bring about a peaceful ambience around me.


One of my most important lesson in life:

Being at peace with one's own self, is the final and ultimate achievement in life.

No comments: