Sunday, January 18, 2009

One for the heart pt-1



Tim Gallway's words reminds me of my very own quest, my journey and the lessons that I have learned from my own experiences. The special person who taught me of how to live this life in a more meaningful manner is Prem Rawat. Yes, every body around us teaches us many things but here is someone who taught me to look for my own answers from within me.

Some how even though I have been quite vocal about many things, I feel that mere words could never bring justice to what I feel about this whole process. It has taken me all this while to pen my journey with the guidance of Prem Rawat whom I call Maharaji. Finally I told myself, that these are not words but these are my feelings which kept wanting to pop up and ultimately I needed to bring them out. Just like you cannot stop the flower blooming, or the fruit from ripening my heart needed to express my feelings too.

I got to know about someone, who has been my main source of inspiration and guidance since then, my teacher Maharaji, 34 years ago. How amazing! He was 17 and I was 17 too.

My quest started even as a child. Longing for something more than what was around me. Somehow life went on as usual as for a child of 12 or 13. But here I was amongst my other day to day activities, trying to find an answer to some questions which never seemed to go away. A longing, an unfulfilled desire if I may say so, kept nudging me again and again.


Sweet Longing,
The insatiable thirst for the divine.



1974- Hearing the message of Maharaji - "What you are looking for is inside of you".
Incredible news ! The message rang a bell. Here I was, looking for answers to my questions, having heard many people speak before and being left somewhat not quite fulfilled. Then there was someone bringing me a very simple message. I did not understand the profundity of this simple message but my heart got hooked on day one. I came home with such joy in my heart that it could never be reversed again.

No comments: