Friday, February 20, 2009

Amazing Child




Yesterday evening while I was travelling, I watched the sunset. It was a beautiful scene and it seemed to me like the sun was hiding behind the clouds and peeping outside from behind them.

When I met Bhavitraa that evening, I tried to describe the sunset to her and went on a vivid description of how beautiful the sunset looked. To make it more interesting, I took a veil and placed it before my face and described how the sun was hiding behind the clouds and how I felt that it was shy and kept going down to hide behind the clouds.

Listening attentively, she looked at me and said “Okay, I will give you the sun." Everyone looked at her and became silent for a moment, waiting for her to continue. I wondered how she was going to get the sun for me. She said simply, “I will paint it for you and give you the sun." When we asked her what color she will paint and she said immediately "pink." She will paint me a pink sun and give it to me ! How more simple can things be? The wisdom of a child of three amazes me.

Amazing Child!

All throughout my life, met many kids,
But have never seen someone like you.
Was I too engrossed in my daily chores,
That I have missed on upon them.

Or are you simply someone special?
Quite different from the others.
Cute, adorable, naughty and sweet,
Angelic, charming, smart as one can be.

Bright like the sun, with such imagination,
You make me pause on this journey of mine.
To stop for a moment and take a breath,
And see how amazing a child can be!

No comments: