Thursday, February 12, 2009

Becoming Aware




Each day is a learning process in the journey of this pilgrim. Since I have taken upon myself to start this journey, so many new lessons are taught to me by the Universe. I was reminded of something important today. I have heard about it earlier, but today it sounded so crystal clear, like ya, I understand. Gary Zukav was speaking on the Oprah Show and they were talking about marriages. I guess we can apply this to each and every relationship that we have. Gary spoke about "Intention".

To ask myself, "Where do I come from when I do or say something? Do I come from a place of anger, do I come from a place of cynicism, do I come from a place of hatred ? Or do I come from a place of Love, Hope and Compassion".

When my intention is to hurt someone, I will invariably hurt the person I am dealing with. Even though I may say that I did not mean to, the other person will feel the pain. Intentions create the Reality. When we feel angry, jealous, hatred, superior or inferior we are coming from a place of fear. So if someone is angry, jealous, hateful, superior or inferior, that means they are frightened. Instead of dealing with those emotions they throw out their negative reactions.

Sounds complicated, but when I started to work on myself, rather than focus on other's faults, I find that this is really not as difficult as it sounds. When I come from a place with the intention to hurt, the other person automatically becomes pained and reacts accordingly. The problem becomes more complicated like two people throwing balls at each other. When we start the game of hurt, it continues till both parties are extremely exhausted and shattered. Haven't we all gone through this game?

More and more, I am learning to react less to the circumstances around me. I need to stop and analyse where I am at. How am I going to react to a particular situation. When I come from a place of non judgement, I find that there is no friction there. I am on my journey of self awareness. Slowly recognising that the most beautiful part in the process of becoming aware is the happiness it brings.

All these years, I went around blaming others for my pain and suffering. I have started to understand that I am the cause of all the pain in my life. Difficult to digest ? Yes it is like facing your own ghosts ! But along the way we come to terms with it and a sweet understanding takes place. There is more joy than we can imagine. There is a freedom and we can start taking our flight.
-To fly in the wings of freedom -

No comments: