Sunday, February 15, 2009

Awakening - The Universe




An awakening took place in me one day. Strange but true all of a sudden I felt that all these while, I have been thinking backwards ! It may sound ridiculous but yes, all these while earlier, my outlook to life had been like, okay, you are born, this is your karma and you have to go on living whether you like it or not. I felt that I had no choice but to accept the so called fate.

At the same time I am faced with so much of suffering everywhere around me and I cannot do anything about it. Then my burning and constant question became, "Why this creation? Why do one need to be born, to go through all these pain and suffering ? Would'nt it be better if this whole thing did not happen ? Is the creator a sadist, enjoying watching the suffering of the people ?

One day all of a sudden like a paradigm shift, something just became clear in my head. My perspective changed abruptly in a split of a second. Strange but true, I realized that this world, that these relationships that I have been given and everything that I see around me, have been given to me to enjoy and to be appreciated.

I have been given this gift of life. I am a special being, like each and every one of us on this earth. I have come here not to suffer, but to feel the joy and abundance of life. Everything that I see around has been placed for me to enjoy. Every human is a creation out of love by the creator and has come here to feel the joy, happiness and abundance of the universe.

I have been walking along with a screwed up vision of life until then! Now the burden was no more there. I felt as though the weight had been lifted from my back. I need not hunch any more, therefore I can start walking upright and this felt light and free !

Today I read a poem by Rumi, and here I found that he spoke of the sleep and the awakening. Yes awakening to my true reality. I can imagine myself as the embryo denying the reality of the Universe.

Rumi's poetry is so widely appreciated because it has the capacity to uplift our own consciouness. Reading the words of Rumi can awaken in ourselves, our own spiritual self.


The Universe

What if someone said to an embryo in the womb,
“Outside of your world of black nothing
is a miraculously ordered universe;
vast Earth covered with tasty food;
mountains, oceans and plains,
fragrant orchards and fields full of crops;
a luminous sky beyond your reach,
with a sun, moonbeams, and uncountable stars;
there are winds from south, north and west,
and gardens replete with sweet flowers
like a banquet at a wedding feast.

The wonders of this world are beyond description.
What are you doing living in a dark prison,
Drinking blood through that narrow tube?”
But the womb- world is all an embryo knows
And it would not be particularly impressed
By such amazing tales, saying dismissively:
“You’re crazy. That is all a deluded fantasy.”

One day you will look back and laugh at yourself.
You’ll say, “ I can’t believe I was so asleep!
How did I ever forget the truth?
How ridiculous to believe that sadness and sickness
Are anything other than bad dreams.”

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pilgrim,
it was lovely to see you on my blog and now I see we share a love for the poetry of Rumi,
cheers,
Viv
(zenandtheartoftightropewalking)

Pilgrim said...

Thank You Viv,
Lovely to have you here ! Our journeys meet and this pilgrim has met another beautiful pilgrim.

Take Care
shweta

Anonymous said...

My most rcently completed book was entitled Strangers and Pilgrims, after the collect for the day for All souls(or all saints) in the modern prayer book.
It's about people who meet as strangers but become pilgrims.
take care,
love,
viv

Pilgrim said...

How amazing. Where can I get the book? I believe in the law of attraction. I feel that somehow strangers meet for a reason.

I started to write quite recently though I used to keep diary earlier. I have something to learn from you in my journey. I consider myself a pilgrim in this journey towards fulfillment.

cheers,
love,
shweta

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but so far I haven't even sent it to a publisher, Shweta. I've had a difficulty time of it with publishers, because while I get a certain distance with them, and they like my work(i have stacks of letters telling me this) they then back off and say they can't be sure enough of sales to risk taking me on. It's made me very miserable! With the economic problems here in the UK, I don't see this changing any time soon.
I'd love to see it in print myself because it's a book I think would be healing for many, many people. I don't know what to do now. I write, I've written my whole life and it goes nowhere.
ah well, who knows what's round the next corner!
have a great week,
Viv

Pilgrim said...

Hi Viv,

Have you tried any Indian publishers. I don't know, but there must be other possibilities. I know it can happen. You write so well and trust me you would be surprised, it could be at just the next corner.

All the best and take care.
Shweta

Anonymous said...

I have never even thought of that!
Do you know of any?
I'd sometimes considered approaching USA publishers but it's tough and I'm not!!
It's a real thought.
thank you!

Pilgrim said...

I dont know any publishers. But I could talk to my friends and find out. Give me some time. Anyway I'm positive something will work out. Law of attraction. Have you read it?
I am a changed person after the dvd "The Secret" if you have the time please visit this page.

http://thesecret.tv/behind-the-secret.html

cheers !

Anonymous said...

Thank you!