Monday, February 23, 2009

Oscars - Love and Hope



Today I watched the Oscars and it was such a proud moment for many Indians around the world. I too felt proud that the movie Slumdog Millionaire which was nominated for 10 Oscars won 8 of them.

What makes this movie special is that it potrays hope. Hope is so powerful that it wipes out everything else on its path. Hope is so tremendous that it can overcome all obstacles. It brings joy and positivity. Hope brings clarity to this life.

It is also special to me because A. R. Rahman, one of my favorite music directors was able to bag 2 Oscars for this movie. It was my daughter’s dream come true since she is a true Rahmaniac (Rahman fan ). But what really touched me was, during his acceptance speech, he said "All my life I had a choice of Hate and Love, I chose Love and I am here."



How wonderful to recognize that Love wins in the end. Sometimes we may get disillusioned along the way, when we come across the many hurdles in life, which become obstacles in our path. But if we can persistently choose good over evil, hope over despair, love over hate, forgiving over hatred, we find that there is a beauty and joy in it.

I find that this journey of life teaches me many things. I learn many lessons each day. Some are so subtle that I may miss on them. It takes time and patience to listen to the voice of the heart. I have often questioned myself, what do I really want? Invariably this heart wants to be happy over everything else. Yet the tendency of the mind is to get caught up in all the dualities around.

And like the compass to help a lost traveler, I too need to be put on track again and again. I try not to judge myself too harshly, now that I understand that I need to be patient with myself and others in this journey of mine. It gets easier when I am able to spend more and more time in fulfilling this mission that I have undertaken. To be happy and to treat others as I would like to be treated. And above all to allow Love to conquer and be the winner !

No comments: